Thursday, March 18, 2010

The Journey to the Sanctuary - Part 4

This is the last testimony from our Elders of their journey to the sanctuary. This is from Bob Fuzak. This will be the final blog until our vote on Sunday night. I know this journey has been hard on all of us, but as I reflect on it I am thankful that God has taken us through it.

The rest of the blog is from Bob...remember he is responding to an email from one of our faithful members...

"Great email…Thanks for asking. You make some very valid points in your email:

- It is just a name
- Unity in the body is far more important
- Tyson does have a point in that unless you have a strong reason against with more than “feelings” as in a faith based reason we in the body should trust those whom we have placed in the position to lead.
- This happened quickly and has been tough for many to process (sometimes that is how God works unfortunately – sometimes I will get the sense He says “trust me” and GO!)

When I first heard about it (the name change) I will admit I was not pleased and did not like the thought of putting all these resources (time and people) into a name change. Being a little older now and realizing I need to listen more and react less… I finished reading the whole statement for a name change – still undecided I looked at the potential logo and felt worse about it. Not a fan of the logo J

As I prayed and read the statement a few more times I realized that this name biblically describes who we are and gives me a platform to explain to the churched and un-churched who we are and what we are about. First thing out of my mouth when people ask me who CTC is, I say an E-Free church, Protestant Christian… blah blah blah. Can I change that to say exactly what I would say to describe the sanctuary? YES! However the name CTC does not reinforce or coincide what I describe who we are and what we are to become…

We are on the cusp of an amazing journey – the time is now. God is raising up this church to heal a hurting community in ways we cannot even imagine. It has been 9 Looooong years of being refined and prepared for the vision we have been given for this church. Building homes of faith transcends color, income, status, location, etc… it is bigger than ALLL of that. It is about people in need that we see and restore (through Christ) one home at time. We are to be the hands and feet of Christ and in our heart and homes is the place God dwells… I ask you is that best described by The Sanctuary or CrossTown?

Regardless of the name – 5 years we will look back at this time and say this was the time it all changed and God moved….

As I read and pray through the 30 day study, I can’t help but feel that this name is who we are. Some may leave over this and my heart breaks for them because they will miss the most amazing joy-filled journey of a lifetime, and for what? A disagreement over a name? It could be a final pruning before we set off. I pray that all of those in our body will avail themselves to the Holy Spirit seeking what He has for this body and will follow with relentless pursuit no matter the cost.

I am in that process now… I did not like the name, then liked it too much and made it too precious… now I don’t concern myself with it or the outcome. It is Him and only Him that matters. I’ll figure something out to describe who we are I am sure whether it is The Sanctuary or CrossTown and I am not leaving until He calls me elsewhere no matter what the cost – even if this place is flat as a pancake (meaning Illinois:))!

I have peace regardless and pray you will too J

God amazes me everyday – His presence is like Christmas morning EVERYDAY. EVERYBODY should get “let-go” once in their life J

If something puzzles you or does not make sense ask away – I have no agenda or desire to persuade anyone for or against a name only to ask we all pray and seek God in our decision."

Bob Fuzak

No comments:

Post a Comment