Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Your Best Life After

Last week Ronn talked about "Your Best Life After".

We focused on Matthew 6:19-24:

19"Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. 20But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal. 21For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.

22"The eye is the lamp of the body. If your eyes are good, your whole body will be full of light. 23But if your eyes are bad, your whole body will be full of darkness. If then the light within you is darkness, how great is that darkness!

24"No one can serve two masters. Either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and Money.

In light of this scripture please share your thoughts on a few questions:

1. What was the biggest time waster in this past week?

2. What hinders you from trusting God in your life right now?

3. What keeps us from trusting that our investment now makes a difference later?


Can't wait to hear your thoughts!

3 comments:

  1. Question number 2 got me thinking... Is it possible to fully TRUST God... and be a little scared about what that means, all at the same time? I mean, after some serious self examination, here's what I'm concluding:

    1. I fully trust God. Every day. I'm "all-in". God, wherever You lead me. "Take my life..." and so-on... (we just sang that last week. Quite fitting.)

    2. I'm a little scared of where God wants to take me. I'm not fully convinced that "His best for me" is truly what I want (as "fleshly" as my desires may be), here-and-now.

    Going back to Ronn's message a couple weeks ago, talking about "our plans" versus "God's plans for us"... what if what I want is completely different than what God knows to be best for me?

    So yes, I trust that God knows better... And truly, I'll follow wherever He leads. I continually pour out my desires honestly to Him, and ask that He aligns those desires to His... But, just like our 4-year-old who whines when we don't let him have ANOTHER handful of Skittles just before bed... I'm afraid that sometimes it's really hard to say, "Yes, Daddy", and fully trust and obey without throwing a temper tantrum about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, Lets see what we got here:

    1. What was the biggest time waster in this past week?

    Trying to be something I'm not.


    2. What hinders you from trusting God in your life right now?

    Tyson has a point. In my World, TRUST .. I mean to TRULY TRUST; can mean the differance between danger & saftey. It is rareley given and always treasured. You really have to be shown something in order to get My TRUST. Jesus is showing me that now. My instinct is to hold back, only trust so much.. be prepared to put up my guard. But, How patient is our lord , who will take the time & effort to bring me back to him.

    3. What keeps us from trusting that our investment now makes a difference later

    Faith, You do not have something in your hand.
    You want insant gradafacation, We do not want to wait.
    But, we have to wait and belive in things that we can not see.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG! ONe day when I was shopping, I found a Flock of Seagulls tee, an 80s group tee and I was about to walk over to the cashier to pay for it and the line was long and I don't like long lines. I could've waited in line but I was tired so I left and put back the tee. I didn't get the tee but I love collecting vintage 80s tees. I don't have to have every single 80s tee on earth. LOL. God provides my day to day needs. I really have cut back on shopping and bills got smaller. Disciplined myself. I just take each day of my life one by one.

    ReplyDelete