Monday, January 18, 2010

Your Days Are Numbered - James 4:13-17

We began our new series, "30 Days To Live", yesterday. The title of yesterday's sermon was "Your Days Are Numbered".

Focusing on these verses:

13 Now listen, you who say, "Today or tomorrow we will go to this or that city, spend a year there, carry on business and make money." 14 Why, you do not even know what will happen tomorrow. What is your life? You are a mist that appears for a little while and then vanishes. 15 Instead, you ought to say, "If it is the Lord's will, we will live and do this or that." 16 As it is, you boast and brag. All such boasting is evil. 17 Anyone, then, who knows the good he ought to do and doesn't do it, sins.

Today, we are asking for your feedback. We would love to hear insights/revelations/thoughts/prayers of what you received from the message, how you have been challenged, and what you are learning this week in light of what God said to you in yesterday's sermon.

The two specific questions we are asking today are:

1. What would you do if you had 30 days to live? (First rule - your answer can't be serious. Second rule - No limitations - all the money you need, all the health you need, and all the time you need.)

2. What would you do if you had 30 days to live - in your current situation?


We can't wait to hear from you!

Sincerely,
CrossTown

7 comments:

  1. I have been challenged by this series to not only have the tough conversations with those I love and have felt led to talk to, but I have also been challenged to love those around me better. To live everyday as if it were the last. To let go of unnecessary grudges. And to not live with the assumption that "I have time".

    ReplyDelete
  2. What would I do if I had 30 days to live?

    1. rent a bowling alley and play all day long
    2. drink a venti starbucks daily
    3. fly South Africa for 24 hours
    4. try to surf
    5. buy a motorcycle and ride from one coast to another
    6. spend a full day at a movie theater - from the time it opens to the time it closes watching anything that looks remotely interesting
    7. climb Mt. Kenya
    8. Run a marathon
    9. go scuba diving
    10. eat dessert for every meal

    ReplyDelete
  3. If I had 30 days to live:

    80s theme party with all my friends

    travel to Los Angeles, California

    Meet Duran Duran, New Kids on the Block, REO speedwagon, Bon Jovi, etc

    eat all my favorite foods

    go to the beach

    go to all my favorite concerts

    full day at the mall and buy 80s clothes

    ReplyDelete
  4. God has really challenged me through the 2 vision messages and the beginning of this series. He's reminding me that life is about relationships, not 'doing things' or going from this thing to the next. It's about growing in our relationship with Him and with others. I have been challenged with asking myself, "What does it look like to build a 'home of faith' in our household?" I'm looking forward to adventure that He'll take us on....or continuing to take us on.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So who is it who wanted to get high, rob a bank, out run the cops, and fight a monkey? I hope it was Tom Matt. We should hang out...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Party at the best Motorcycle Events in the World! Get thoughrly Trashed! And time it so that I'm thoughrly used up! Ya know , Music, Women, And Beer!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So what is God doing in my life during this time? He’s teaching me:
    • That Jesus is capable of doing infinitely more than I could ever ask or imagine
    • That Faith that moves mountains begins smaller than a mustard seed
    • That Love is always the best, and sometimes the hardest, choice
    • That Prayer summons angels to attention with a word
    • That Hope never fades, even when I’m completely exhausted
    • That Truth is more than what comes out of my mouth
    • That Forever means Before, During, and After every single sin
    • That Mercy never begins with me
    • That Blessings comes in very unexpected wrapping paper
    • That Grace is the best gift of all

    ReplyDelete