Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Your Life's End

Ecclesiastes 12:9-14

9 Not only was the Teacher wise, but also he imparted knowledge to the people. He pondered and searched out and set in order many proverbs. 10 The Teacher searched to find just the right words, and what he wrote was upright and true.

11 The words of the wise are like goads, their collected sayings like firmly embedded nails—given by one Shepherd. 12 Be warned, my son, of anything in addition to them.
Of making many books there is no end, and much study wearies the body.

13 Now all has been heard;
here is the conclusion of the matter:
Fear God and keep his commandments,
for this is the whole duty of man.

14 For God will bring every deed into judgment,
including every hidden thing,
whether it is good or evil.


Join us this week as we reflect on the scripture above...as we think about our "life's end" and what we have taken away from this series.


1. After hearing Pastor's Gilbert's message - reflecting on the 'fear of God and keeping his commandments" - what was your biggest "take away"?

2. As you think about your life's end, what would you tell people in regards to time, relationships, and their relationship with God?

3. What is your biggest take-away from this series?


It has been a true JOY to hear from you through out this series. Please stay tuned as we venture into our next series "FEARLESS".


With love

2 comments:

  1. My biggest “take away”? I’d have to say it is that I need to learn more about the healthy fear of God. While I’m always cognizant of the holiest and purity of God in comparison with my dirty ole’ self, I have a tendency to focus on the love, mercy and grace of God. You know, my sin is cast “as far as east is from west”, and into “sea of forgetfulness”. I think of myself as a dirty being that has been washed clean. I bask in the forgiveness Christ paid so dearly for. God is my father, Christ is my savior and brother. I’m not half as scared of God as I should be.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel that Fear is more to be replaced as respect. You can FEAR many things. Knowing that that Sin stains us causes us to fear. Fear what will happen if you are without Christ. Fear what wil happen if you are without his love & Forgiveness. So I see that
    to fear is to respect, knowing that all is what is done will be brought forth to explain
    it before God.
    I don't wish to be in Fear of God...
    I wish to be in Love with God....
    But his will be done...If I'm to be afraid of him..and then so it shall be.

    ReplyDelete